Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Links and Lesson materials for 8/30/10 and 8/31/10

Hello,

I've enjoyed meeting the new members of class and welcoming back returning students.

Here is a link for the lesson from 8/30.

Here is a link for the lesson from 8/31

Here is a link to the class podcast about juvenile detention. Please go back and listen to the selection one more time, paying particular attention to the words we learned in class.

Here is the link to the homework podcast. Feel free to listen to the podcast many times and start and stop the selection as needed. Don't forget to compose a paragraph summary of the podcast.

Additional homework assignments include vocabulary sentences and an outline for the essay.

I will be meeting with you individually tomorrow to view your outline and to discuss your TOEFL results.

3 comments:

  1. Today I was late a litte.So I think I missed the part of the essay...

    Just follow the instruction of the homework paper? What is the subject? Is that for Juvenile things? I know there are so many questions, Please let me know about the essay thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Sorry we ran out of time in class to discuss this. Today's assignment is to create an outline for an essay based on the topic of juvenile detention. The question is whether or not juvenile criminals should be treated as adults. I will be meeting with everybody one on one to discuss the outline, so there is plenty of time for us to work on this before you write the paper.

    Thanks, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay....let me make thesis sentences for that.

    See you in class~~~

    ReplyDelete