Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beethoven

10/9

Hello and welcome back after the holiday. Today we started off our emphasis on the Speaking section of the TOEFL test by studying how the tasks are scored, while listening to some samples and then scoring ourselves.

In the advanced integrative portion of class, we practiced reading strategies. Here is a link to the lesson from class. Homework for today includes:
  1. 10 vocabulary sentences using any ten words from the lesson.
  2. Complete reading passage 2 and answer the questions
  3. Study for CGT quiz 7 on Thursday.

10/10

Today we started class with a discussion and activity involved in adding better vocabulary and idiomatic language to the TOEFL speaking task 1. Here is the link for this activity. It will benefit you greatly to study, memorize, and practice some of these phrases, which will boost the quality of your response. We also worked on paraphrasing with synonyms. Here is the link to the exercises from class. Please complete these for homework.

In the advanced integrative portion of class, we practiced academic listneing and note-taking by listeing to lectures on the composer Beethoven and answering questions based on the lectures. Here is  link to the lectures from class. Here is the lesson from class. The second set of questions served as a lecture quiz and must be made up if you missed class.

Here is the link to Listening Assignment 3, which is assigned for the homework. Please answer the questions  on the class handout and submit tomorrow. Homework for today includes:
  1. Complete the Parphrasing with Synonyms worksheet
  2. Complete Listening Assignment 3 (link is above)
  3. Study for CGT 7 quiz tomorrow from the textbook
  4. Last of all, I would like you to please practice your fluency by practicing speaking the following responses along with me. You will find an audio link and the text below. I may ask you to deliver this response to me tomorrow. If so, I expect it to be fluent!!!
What is your favorite season? RECORDING

When I try to think of my favorite season, the summer takes the top prize. First of all, I enjoy the summer weather. From hot, sweaty afternoons sitting by the beach to the drama of a July summer thunderstorm, I love the climate of summer. Furthermore, I often travel in the summer. For example, this summer my family and I took a trip to Yellowstone national park, which was really amazing. We even got to camp in the mountains. For these reasons, I find summer the season closest to my heart.

What is the most important quality of a good marriage? RECORDING

A marriage without trust is like a fish without water. For one thing, when you trust each other you can tell each other everything. To be more specific, in a strong marriage, the husband and wife should be able to share everything from their past romances to their frustrations with their co-workers. What is more, when people trust one another, they can focus on other aspects of the relationship such as having fun. For example, my husband and I enjoy playing games together and traveling sometimes. In a nutshell, trust is essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment